Not a Capital Bikeshare Member?

Arlington County is interested in hearing from Arlington citizens and individuals that work in Arlington that do not currently use the Capital Bikeshare system.

We’re using this page to gather input from Arlington residents or employees that are NOT members of Capital Bikeshare on the Capital Bikeshare system. We’re particularly interested in reading the responses to the following questions:

• Are you interested in joining Capital Bikeshare?
    • If yes, what factors have prevented you from joining Capital Bikeshare to date?
    • If no, why not?
  • What would you like to use Capital Bikeshare to do…”
    • Go shopping and run errands in your Arlington neighborhood?
    • Go to work?
    • Go to restaurants, visit friends, or make other social visits?
    • Go to Arlington County recreation centers or libraries?
  • Do you feel comfortable and safe bicycling on Arlington County’s streets?
    • If not, why not?
  • Do you currently own a bicycle?
    • If yes, do you use this bicycle for recreational purposes only?

Please be sure to also leave your comments on the four Capital Bikeshare expansion scenarios.

For information on confident city cycling and other adult cycling classes visit the BikeArlington website.

Please let us know your responses to the above questions.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Bikeshare makes sense for visitors, not for residents.

I am a DC area bike commuter. I don't own a car. I own my own bike and use it to get where I need to go. While Capital Bikeshare is useful for out of town visitors, I don't see its utility for area residents. Also I've heard reports that the existing stations are underutilized. I would forego any further investment in the program until/unless its current utilization is evaluated. Bikeshare competes with bike ownership as a means of bike access. It also competes with bus service as a means of commuting. Wouldn't it make more sense to expand bus…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Comments

I am interested in joining bikeshare but haven't because there aren't stations where I live on Columbia Pike. If I did use bikeshare I would use it run errands, make social visits and go to libraries, etc. I don't always feel safe biking on the street because drivers are pretty aggressive and don't tend to respect cyclists. I don't currently own a bicycle.

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)