Please let us know what you think about Arlington’s Capital Bikeshare TDP and its draft final expansion plan.

Stop subsidizing businesses!

Government needs to get out of the way between consumers and businesses. Subsidies for the Capital Bike Share program total more than $16 million. Why should government be doing this? Explain where an authoritarian entity should be able to decide winners and losers rather than letting free and voluntary association drive winners and losers.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian WilsonBrian Wilson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Love Capital Bikeshare and disagree with Brian. Agree with Anonymous. Keep going!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Authoritarian? The last time I checked, Arlington County was governed by a freely elected Board of Supervisors. Here's a great model of government facilitating an increasingly popular service -- "202,822 trips and 245,877 miles in June both of which are new highs," reports TheWashCycle blog today. Appreciative users would still be waiting for a bikesharing program if left to such proponents of "free and voluntary association." Your comment is in reality just a call to inaction, & your characterization of the BikeShare program as "favoring absolute obedience to authority" (American Heritage Dictionary) is plainly over the top.

Feedback and Knowledge Base