Please let us know what you think about Arlington’s Capital Bikeshare TDP and its draft final expansion plan.

Vote for a station at Thomas Jefferson Community Center

A station at Thomas Jefferson Community Center would be at the nexus of two bike routes -- the Irving bike route and the 2nd Street bike route, and would serve commuters and community center visitors alike.

Better than a station on Glebe which is dangerous for bike travel, Irving is already a designated bike route, its level and it is easy to cross Arlington Blvd (50) by bridge or at the stop light at Irving.

Thomas Jefferson is a destination for many Arlingtonians due to the theater, the gym and the park. Commuters could pick up bikes at TJ and ride to the metro and those wanting to use the facility at TJ would bring the bikes back all along the Irving Corridor. In addition, TJ is a perfect staging point for commuting by bike downtown (through the Ft Meyer) and then returning via Metro from Clarendon or Ballston. This would make bike commuting much more feasible, since the uphill climb back to NOVA is a deterrant for some individuals. In summary, Thomas Jefferson Community Center is a perfect bike commuting distance from Ballston, Clarendon AND Rosslyn.

Please add a station at Thomas Jefferson Community Center.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Laura FergusonLaura Ferguson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

good idea- I hope it happens
        Columbia Pike Branch Library mentioned below is another spot that I second.

• m rainerm rainer commented  · 

One at the library/community center at Walter Reed also makes sense...

• Walter VarnerWalter Varner commented  · 

I'd consider biking to work if there was a station at TJ.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

The bike path runs right by TJ...
        There's no-brainers, and then there's "NO Brainers."

Feedback and Knowledge Base