Please let us know what you think about Arlington’s Capital Bikeshare TDP and its draft final expansion plan.

Station Placement on WO&D trail by merge of Bluemont trail

with the next station at the Corner of WO&D and Columbia Pike will help close the loop already created by the trails.

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I would park a bike at Bluemont and W O&D. I was trying to do just that today! I went to meet a friend to play frisbee golf in Bluemont park. I rented a bike, but had to park it a mile away! I could see people driving their cars to the park and then renting a bike to get around. I agree with the comments about not paving over grass. Can we put it in the existing parking lot instead?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Nobody lives or works near the merge of the Bluemont trail and the W&OD Trail. The merge is in the middle of a park area. Nobody would start or end their bike trips there.

The only people that would use the station would be those who want to drop off a bike and pick up another one to avoid paying Capital Bikeshare's increased fees for longer rental periods. A station at the merge would therefore would be a big money-loser for Capital Bikeshare.

• K. LewisK. Lewis commented  · 

Intersection of W&OD and Columbia Pike would be good.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Very bad idea. The Bikeshare station and its sign would add clutter to the W&OD Trail. The station would destroy a natural area in the park, would increase mowing near the station and would create an impervious surface. The impervious surface would add run-off to the nearby Four Mile Run and to the Chesapeake Bay. Capital Bikeshare stations do not belong in public parks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base